7 Arguments Every Gamer Has Had At Least Once

gamers.jpeg
Just as I think the PlayStation Access team can't surprise me anymore with their Friday "Rob's Ramblings", they do. I score 6/7 for this one.

1. It's just a game!

Why are you getting so upset, it's just a game!" How many times have you heard those words? I've heard it many, many times. Don't people know the word "just" is belittling the greatest entertainment industry in the world? Non-gamers don't get how immersive video games can be. For me, the Mass Effect series is a good example. The game made me laugh, cry, love, regret, angry, and the list goes on. Bring in the online component of playing with a group of people, like a guild in World of Warcraft, or playing competitively, and you add a whole other dimension. It's never "just a game."

2. Who gets to be player one?

This one is all about being used to how you mapped the controls. So you visit a friend, you want to play some games, and you argue over who must be player two. The only times I got into an argument over this point, was when we played Time Crises at the Arcade. For some reason, I could only perform if I played with the gun on the left side. If I was forced to play on the right side, it was game over after the second stage. If I played on the left side, we finished the game in one sitting.

3. Inverted or Non-inverted?

Gosh, how I hated it when my partner changed the mouse to inverted. Why does anyone play inverted?! We all know inverted is just stupid, right? I love playing space simulators, and even that I can't handle inverted. And it's always such a mission to stop the game, go out, settings, blah blah blah.

4. Which is the best Final Fantasy?

"Fourteen main entries with a fifteenth on the way. Plus countless sequels, spin-offs and of course, remakes. Rob ran the question on Twitter and within the hour he had over 100 passionate responses. Pretty much every entry was named. I am not a Final Fantasy fan, so I skip at least this argument.

5. Why don't you go outside?

"Why don't you go outside?" is probably the one we've all heard the most. Don't people know screenshots look even better than the real thing ;)? They also don't understand that once we get into a good game, everything else disappears. I do understand the argument from a parents point of view. If a kid sits in front of a game every free moment he or she has, it can become problematic. Just remember parents, timing is everything.

6. Who gets the loot?

Any massively, multiplayer, online, role-playing gamers out there? You've been through this one, right? I remember years ago when I played my very first World of Warcraft dungeon how confusing I found this one. And when I played my very first raid it was a repeat. I was so scared I "need" on something I shouldn't, and so on. According to PlayStation Access, there are three types of "looters."
  • The greedy gobbler
  • The passive-aggressor
  • The compulsive refuser

7. Just one more game

And we all score on this one. I remember back in the day when we just started playing Team Fortress 2. We regularly played through the night, up until it was almost time to go to work. Or when I got into serious World of Warcraft raiding, and the boss just don't wanna go down, and you strategise, and you try this, then that...just one more time. And boom it's 4 am the next morning. Or you're so close to leveling up, oh the  things we say to justify playing another map, or beating a boss, or winning a round. 
How much do you score? I bet most gamers get almost 7/7. 
Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments:

  1. http://faavytech.blogspot.com/2015/10/7-arguments-every-gamer-has-had-at.html

    ReplyDelete